BOILER INSTALLATIONS IN BRISTOL
Residential Boiler Installations
There’s no worse time for your boiler to break down – cold showers and no heating isn’t great fun, especially in winter. If you’re thinking to yourself that you might need a new boiler installation in Bristol or the surrounding areas, then you need to put some serious consideration into the choices you have. You could leave it and hope for the best, or you could contact one of our professionals for them to give you some honest, trustworthy advice.
Do I need a new boiler?
Getting a new boiler installation may seem like a pain and you may have to loosen your purse strings. But in actual fact a new boiler could end up saving you money in the long run. We all know energy bills are rising year-on-year but a new energy efficient boiler could cut your heating bill by 40%! As well as this, older boilers discharge more waste gases up the flue than a modern boiler. It is therefore better for the environment if you get a modern boiler as less carbon emissions are contributed to the environment.
This is all great but you’ll want to know exactly what to look for if you think you might need a new boiler installation before you take the plunge.
Signs to look / listen out for
- Your house not being heated properly. Lots of the older models of boilers suffer from low efficiency levels which can be anywhere from 50% but more usually around 70%.
- Knocking, hissing or popping. Unusual noises could definitely be a sign that something is wrong with the boiler such as an uneven water distribution causing vibrations when they heat.
- If your boiler regularly needs repairing.
- It may not be your boiler that is the problem if you’re having heating problems. The whole central heating system might require an upgrade, refit or clean. So take a look at your heating system; the radiators, water tank, piping and controls to see if you spot any problems.
- The age of the boiler, generally if it older than ten years you should consider replacing it.
- Changes in the water temperature or the hot water only working when the heating is on.
- A water leak from the boiler. A water leak could result in some serious damage, a leak could escalate into something more serious like a carbon monoxide leak.
Safe, efficient and professional
It’s better to be safe than sorry when it comes to boilers, it may seem like a small issue but if you do notice any of the above signs you should take the time to look further into the issue. Remember it’ll work out better for you to replace your boiler before it breaks, if you do wait until it’s broken you’ll probably end up having to pay more that if you rectified the situation when the boiler wasn’t completely broken.
All of our heating and boiler installation engineers are Gas Safe registered so you can rest in the knowledge that you’re in safe hands. Give us a call if you’re concerned about your boiler and put your mind a rest.
These reviews are live on Checkatrade. We also have a large number of reviews on Which Trusted Traders and Google.